Friday, September 12, 2008

PRE-READING!

Today we went over and experimented a little with some pre-reading strategies. It was fun. We went through SQ3R and one where you write down all the headings etc. and try to predict what was coming next. I found it to be really useful, although writing the headings felt rather tedious. I am guessing with some thought that I'll be able to use some of those strategies in my classroom.

The one that captured my attention the most was the drawing one - we were asked to draw anything in US history. I drew the declaration of independence and it was really funny, and I enjoyed it. I felt like I learned a lot too - even though it was just a simple thing. I think there are lots of places I could go with that in the classroom ...I just have to think : )


I wish our class period was longer...and we got a cool binder that I am going to go explore now.

No comments: