Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Jefferson Lesson (Part ONE)

For my 450 class, I am doing a lesson on Thomas Jefferson. I'm not sure if I've said this before, but I am saying it now.

Boy oh boy. I think that when I student teach and when I get a job, I will spend approximately 53486794653 hours a day planning lessons. I create about half the lesson, and then - for unknown reasons - I decide that I hate it...delete it...and start again. Now, does that sound like a good idea? No. Do I do it anyway? Yes. How many hours have I spent working on my Jefferson lesson thus far? Tooooooo many. Oh well, hopefully it will be good.

-Pre and Post assessments will be journal entries with questions yet to be determined
-I've created a note worksheet that has years and then the "private" and "public" sector, and they get to fill in the timeline. I am also creating a power point full of pictures.
-Then we're going to go over some letters that John Adams and Jefferson exchanged, followed by the kids re-writing them in the language of today.

I'm excited about it, and hopeful somewhere in my soul that I can create a lesson that I like the first time and not play this evil game of "create and delete" all day long.

No comments: