Thursday, January 1, 2009

um...really?

As the days approach and the moments left before I student teach begin to wane I find myself stressing over the classroom more than I have ever in my life. I love teaching and I love being in the classroom...I know for a fact that I am more comfortable in schools and with students than many of my peers who will also be student teaching this semester. I swear the butterflies in my stomach have turned into bats whose wings are going to tear out of my stomach. I have confidence in myself, which has the potential to go a long way, and I have to constantly remind myself that I will be okay.

How many teachers are there in the United States? About a zillion...and they all had to go through the experience that I'm heading into now - and although it makes me nervous, I know that I'll come out of it at the end having learned an immense amount from my match up teachers and from myself.

I don't feel like I'm ready.
But - those are the nerves talking.

Three days until the big day.

wow.

No comments: